Are you concerned about your personal data online? Is your personal information in everyone’s eyes and harming your current online image? Worry not! This blog explores effective ways to remove your personal information from LexisNexis. Discover step-by-step methods to safeguard your privacy and regain control over your data.
What Is Lexisnexis?
LexisNexis provides detailed legal, regulatory, and commercial information and analytics globally. The first computerized legal research service, LEXIS, was founded in 1973. Lexis provided a novel approach to searching a massive collection of U.S. legislation, case law, and public documents. This service launched the company’s incredible journey.
LexisNexis has grown and diversified its products to serve numerous sectors. Now, the corporation services the legal sector as well as corporate, government, and academic research. It offers several services, including:
- Legal research tools
- Public records and police data
- Risk solution
- News and media monitoring
- Business research and analytics
What Is Lexisnexis Used For?
LexisNexis is one of the oldest people search databases. It’s mainly used for two purposes, meaning this website has two main versions: risk management and legal professionals. It’s renowned as one of the most expansive online repositories; it houses many public and legal records. This vast resource is indispensable to law enforcement agencies, governmental bodies, and risk management professionals.
With an impressive database of over 84 billion records, LexisNexis encompasses various data types, spanning private, regulated, emerging, and derived data. Beyond its utility in legal proceedings and background checks, it is pivotal in decision-making processes, ensuring that professionals across fields can access reliable and comprehensive data insights.
What does LexisNexis check?
The platform comprehensively searches many different data stores, such as government documents, court documents, news archives, company files, criminal histories, insurance claims, etc. Even though it takes great pleasure in its extensive database, certain information is only made available if the user’s goals align with applicable laws. Consider, for instance, the fields of credit reporting and background checks on individuals. There are rules in place that limit who has access to and may use this information in these spheres.
How To Do The LexisNexis Opt-Out Process?
There are conditions in which you can forgo using LexisNexis. If you’ve been the victim of identity theft or fear for your safety, you can delete most of your data. Such demands must be accompanied by paperwork explaining why and offering evidence.
- Submit a copy of a court protective order, a copy of a police report, or equivalent evidence (such as a letter from a shelter administrator or a healthcare professional) if you are in danger of bodily harm.
- A copy of a police report detailing the identity theft or other paperwork verifying the identity theft is required if you claim to be a victim.
- If you work in law enforcement or are a public official, you must provide documentation from your superior stating that your job puts your life in danger.
Step-By-Step Process To Opt-Out Of LexisNexis
To remove yourself from LexisNexis, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Open the LexisNexis opt-out link
- Click on the “next” button
- Now click again on the “next” button
- Select the reason “I don’t want my information shared” and then click again on the next button
- Now fill out the form by entering your name and social security number and click the next button
- On the appearing page, enter your mailing address and click ‘Next.’
- Next, provide LexisNexis with your preferred contact information so we may contact you. You may also opt out of receiving correspondence from us. Select the ‘Confirm request’ tab, and then click the button
- Lastly, LexisNexis provides you with a notification that your opt-out form with this serial number has been confirmed.
Note: If you don’t do it in a direct way, you can take the services of online agencies who can do it for you at a cheap cost. Make sure to trust such companies that have marked their excellent online presence and satisfy numerous clients. One such company is SaveRepute.com which has an excellent online reputation; you can take the SERP suppression service to opt out of your data from LexisNexis.
What Happens When You Opt-Out Of LexisNexis?
When you choose to opt out of LexisNexis, your personal data gets removed from their public databases, making it unavailable for general public searches. However, LexisNexis still keeps your details for specific business uses, such as legal or governmental reasons. This means some companies might not see your info for tasks like rental checks.
Also, you might get fewer unsolicited offers, like credit cards. But this doesn’t make you invisible; your details might come back on LexisNexis if they find them in new public records. Plus, other online services might still display your info. Opting out usually lasts for a set time, after which you might need to ask again.
What Are The Pros And Cons Of LexisNexis?
The pros and cons of using the LexisNexis website are given below:
Pros of LexisNexis:
Extensive Database: Offers a broad range of legal, business, and news data.
Trusted Source: Widely recognized for its reliability among professionals.
Search & Analysis Tools: Efficient tools for searching and understanding data.
Regular Updates: Provides up-to-date information.
Risk Management: Helps in detecting fraud and assessing risks.
Cons of LexisNexis:
Costly: It can be expensive, especially for small users.
Complexity: Interface can be challenging for some users.
Privacy Issues: Raises concerns due to its vast data collection.
Accuracy Concerns: Possible outdated or wrong information.
Not Unique: Some data might be available elsewhere for less.
Limited Opt-Out: This doesn’t guarantee complete data removal.
Opting out your information from digital platforms is very necessary nowadays. As businesses are going to be more digitized. One negative review about your digital reputation can harm your years of struggle. So, clean your online identity and be successful personally and professionally.